Easy DIY Harry Potter Ornaments

As much as I like some of the more intricate ornaments I created for my harry potter inspired tree, I have to admit sometimes there's nothing I like more than a project I can do in under ten minutes. So today I want to share with you a few ideas you can easily do whether you want to do a full potter tree or just add a little of magic to any Christmas tree.

The first one is one of my absolute favorites. Whenever watching the films or even visiting the wizarding world at universal, I always find myself enchanted with the hall of portraits. I searched for a while for small gold frames I could put the pictures in to hang on the tree, but I couldn't find anything I liked. I decided instead to find the photos I wanted and edit on the frames so that I could just print it out. To save you the trouble you can download the files I used here. All I did then was print the images out and then glued it to a bit of cardboard just so it wouldn't flop around too much on the tree and attached fishing line with hot glue on the back.

   z

The next one barely counts as an ornament, but it's one of those little things that really helps the overall look of the tree. To make these super simple quills, all I did was buy a pack of a few craft feathers and use some black paint on the ends to make them look like they had been used with ink.

 

This is another one where all you really need is a printer. I printed out a few of these wanted style posters and did the same as I did with the portraits in putting it on a cardboard backing and attach a string to hang them.

 

The last idea is for this large ornament featuring strips of pages from the harry potter books. First I printed out a few pages from a preview on a thick paper and cut it into strips. I hot glued these strips all around and used an ornament hook to hang it from one of the branches.



If you want to see all of these ornaments on the tree and the rest of what I've done on it, check out my full tree overview here.

Comments

Popular Posts